Saturday, July 9, 2011

HCG Taco Salad

We had this for dinner tonight.  And when I say we, I mean my husband and me! He actually asked that I make it for him too!
Since I am following a little more of  the The OWL Diet (modified HCG plan) by Dr. Carter Abbott, I made a few exceptions to my otherwise strict menu.  Dr. Simeons original protocol "Pounds and Inches" is even stricter.   So I will share both versions of the recipe:

Simeons Protocol HCG Taco Salad

100 gm (3.5oz) ground extra lean beef (97/3 ratio)-180 calories

3oz shredded lettuce-12 calories
1-2 tbsp (no more than 10 cals) picante sauce (look at sugar content!)-10 calories
1tbsp Southwest Chipotle Ms. Dash Seasoning
1-2 tbsp Chipotle Tobasco Sauce (optional, to taste)

Prepare ground beef with seasoning and 1 tbsp of salsa.  Saute in non-stick skillet.  Serve over shredded lettuce with additional salsa or tobasco sauce.

OWL Modified HCG Taco Salad

100gm (3.5oz) ground extra lean beef (97/3 ratio)-180 calories
3oz shredded lettuce-12 calories
1-2 tbsp (no more than 10 cals) picante sauce (look at sugar content!)-10 calories
1 tbsp Southwest Chipotle Ms. Dash seasoning
1-2 tbsp Chipotle Tobasco Sauce (optional to taste)
1 wedge laughing cow light Queso Fresco and Chipotle cheese-35 calories
1oz pickled jalapeno peppers-5 calories

Prepare ground beef with seasoning and 1 tbsp of salsa.  Saute in non-stick skillet. Add in the wedge of laughing cow and let melt into sauteed ground beef.  Serve over the shredded lettuce with  jalapenos and additional salsa or tobasco sauce. 

The heat level on this dish may be too much for some people.  Adjust the seasonings to taste. These are just the guidelines I loosely follow.  Ole!


*For hubby's salad I added additional meat and lettuce, some low fat shredded cheese, a few crushed up tortilla chips, and mixed the salsa with low fat ranch dressing. He loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment