Saturday, July 9, 2011

HCG Cucumber Salad

This salad has been my go to side for at least one of my meals this entire week! It is quick, refreshing, and a nice pairing with stir fry chicken, steak, calamari, and even surimi (imitation crab).

There is no modification for this salad  between the two protocols (Simeons and The OWL diet).  I will preface this by saying I know artificial sweeteners are not allowed on Simeons protocol.  However, I have a hard time with Stevia (bitter taste) and use splenda in it's place from time to time.

Cucumber Salad
3-4oz of cucumber (4oz=12 calories)
1-2 tsp of rice vinegar
1/2-1 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
1/2 packet of stevia or splenda (to taste)
1 tsp black pepper (to taste)

Peel the cucumber. Using the peeler, I go ahead and make thin slices or ribbons.  You may choose to cut the cucumber however you prefer it.  I use a good English cucumber because there are less seeds.  Mix the "dressing" together allowing the sweetener to dissolve.  Add in the cucumbers and allow to sit and marinate for at least 10 minutes before serving. 

Very refreshing! You can also add in half an orange (approx. 40 cals depending on weight) to the salad as well and squeeze some of the juice in place of the stevia/splenda.  

No comments:

Post a Comment