Sunday, July 10, 2011

HCG Calamari Steak and Cucumber Salad

I love calamari.  Ever since we moved to Florida there are lots more fresh seafood options.  Not only are there more options, our local market is right around the corner! Doris Italian Market has to be my most favorite find in this city! It has fresh, local produce and lots of fresh seafood and great deals on meat as well.
Anyways, my fish guy at Doris' turned me on to calamari steak when Doris suddenly stopped carrying the calamari rings I really liked.
The calamari steaks are even better!!!

So the recipe is simple and no need for modification between the Simeons protocol and The OWL diet.

3.5oz calamari steak-70 calories!
6oz peeled and thinly sliced cucumber(see my recipe for cucumber salad)
1 tsp pepper

Using a non-stick skillet, pepper both sides of the calamari steak and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
Slice the calamari in strips and place over the cucumber salad.  


Calamari is so low in calories, you can splurge and have a little extra without the guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment