Sunday, August 21, 2011

Green Bean "Fries"

I have been craving french fries. I don't usually like them all that much, but this past week I could have gone for some 5 Guys fries.  Alas, I abstained!
I created something to replace those dangerous, yet delicious fries.

I don't normally care for green beans.  But, I needed something different this week.  So I found a bag of fresh steam french style green beans at our local Walmart market.   I steamed them half of the time that the instructions allowed. I then sprayed them with the no calorie butter spray and tossed them in a parmesan seasoning mix  by Kraft that I found with the cans of parmesan cheese at the market.  I used a third of the bag and tossed them in a bowl before spreading them out on a cookie sheet in an even layer and baking for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
The result was a nutty flavor and a slightly crisp texture.   I even served them to the husband who agreed they were good. 
I am guessing this will serve as a replacement for fries long after this phase of the diet is behind me.  Of course, this is a "rogue" recipe as it is not compliant with Simeon's protocol.  It is however, a better match for the modified OWL plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment