Saturday, November 7, 2009

La Cuisine Gourmande des Tout-Petits

Oh how I love that the French can make anything sound beautiful. So the title, for those French impaired translates- "Healthy, Gourmet Meals for the Little Ones"
This week I was reading a few emails. I came across an email of my husband's. He belongs to Memphis Online Garage Sale which is where we got Landon's toy box from last year. I have to say the site has been a little gold-mine this week!
I have had my eye on a very pricey baby food making contraption for some time. The French make it, which was even more interesting. It is called the Beaba Cook.
http://www.babycookstore.com/product/812995010014.html
This particular machine retails for $150.00. Yes, you read right. What does it do? It steams, puree's, and even reheats fresh baby food. So, I have read the reviews and most are pleased by this all-in-one baby food maker.
Get this, I got mine for $30.00!!!!!!!!!! How excited was I when I emailed the lady selling it and found out it was still available, brand new-never used, and still in the box! Of course it was a done deal and hubby picked it up on Friday.
To celebrate my new machine (I love gadgets, yes I do!), I cleaned out the kitchen pantry, cabinets, and fridge/freezer in preparation for a day of cooking.

Our freezer is now full of Lou's new baby foods. She is now 8 months so I got to add more variety to the mix including; tofu, chicken, fish, and other delicious items!

I used some prior recipes and some new ones that I hope Lou will love. Most of the new recipes came from www.welicious.com (love her!)

So here is the run down of Lou's new menu:

1. Silken Tofu, Avocado, and Banana (just blend-no need to cook it, yay!)
2. Plums and Bananas
3. California Style Veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)
4. Sweet potatoes, green peas, green beans, and carrots
5. Pears
6. Pears and Green Beans
7. Peaches
8. Broccoli, Tofu, and Apricots
9. Talapia, potatoes, carrots, and peas
10.Parsnips
11.Celery Root and Potato Puree'
12.Carrot, Sweet Potato and Chicken
13.Lima Bean, Corn, and Chicken
14.Turkey and Pumpkin
15.Carrot and Cauliflower Puree'
16.Veggie Stew (white beans with california veggies)
17.Edamame and Cod
18.Tropical fruit blend
19.Fruit Medley
20.Cannelini Beans, Spinach, and yellow carrots

I think there is more but that is what I can remember I made today. Tomorrow I am roasting some butternut squash and blending some yellow squash gratin with another veggie since Lou didn't seem to love the gratin by itself. I will also be adding some beef to the veggie stew mix to make beef stew.
Whew! Long post, long day, but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment