Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 2 Re-Cap

A few ups and downs this week.  The diet went well though.  I had about 3-4 days where the scale didn't move.  I was frustrated but worked through it. 
I find that one of the staples of this diet is my morning coffee with vanilla flavored sugar-free syrup (has splenda in it) and 2 tbsp of fat-free half and half.   Since breakfast is omitted (unless you use a piece of your allowed fruit), coffee or tea takes it's place. 
I know that research states metabolism works better when you eat breakfast, but this diet doesn't allow for it and I haven't been one to eat breakfast all of the time anyways. 
I am adjusting well to the no carb issue.  I know carbs are allowed on the modified OWL plan, however, I am really trying to follow the Simeons protocol as closely as possible so I can get the maximum benefit from this diet.
I have been having issue with getting to the 500 calorie mark as I normally not hungry enough to consume it all or my food choices/combinations do not add up to enough. I am working on adding in additional protein though. 
In 13 days I have lost 13.5lbs.  This is substantial for me and my sluggish metabolism!  So week 2 is in the books.  I am hoping to at least remain consistent and by the end of this month have lost at least 20lbs.  It seems like a logical goal as the protocol states that one can lose 20 lbs in 23 days.  The 23rd day of being on this diet will be July 27th. 

Moving on to week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment